etire, retreat, withdraw
1. If they prove ineffective they should be demoted or asked to retire.
2. The jury will retire to consider its verdict today.
3. It would be nice to be able to afford to retire earlier.
4. The two leaders will retire to Camp David for informal discussions.
5. It's close to showtime now, so you retire into the dressing room.
6. Will she yield to growing pressure for her to retire?
7. The magazine suggested incorrectly that he was planning to retire.
8. He was forced to retire because of ill health.
9. Replete, guests can then retire to the modern conservatory for coffee.
10. She is to retire as from 1 October.
11. He is to retire on his sixtieth birthday.
12. She was forced to retire early from teaching because of ill health.
13. The officer ordered the troop to retire from the action.
14. I'm afraid I have quite a disinclination to retire on a pension.
15. Next year his father will retire and take things easy.